At a time when worldwide supply is scarce, there has never been a better opportunity to use content marketing in a positive way.
A clear positive story to tell about success, an inspiring story or development that promises a lot of good things in the future when it is often easier to write a copy of excellent content marketing. Unfortunately, this is not the case with the people who have been given the responsibility of creating the content.
Often there is a need to create content that tries to give the best perspective on things when things are not going well. However, while this makes the task even more difficult, the fact is that when it comes to content marketing itself. If you can be positive when you are not around, your content will stand out.
Why Writing In Hard Times Is Nothing New
It has not been much quieter since the crisis. Just like many writers had to try to create an encouraging tone a decade ago when the financial crisis since the 1930s has plunged the world into a deep crisis. Therefore, the authors involved are now working against the backdrop of an epidemic that threatens both life and livelihood, while forcing most people to radically change the way they work in their daily lives.
Given that the daily news now consists entirely of commentary based on horrific statistics and horrific developments, with only the end of the lockdown, the return to normalcy and the hope of a vaccine.
However, the fact is that now may be the best time to present promising, positive content.
What not to write
Some types of content – although more likely to post social media than blogs – blogs have adopted the following type of tone:
- Epidemic Corona is a positive opportunity to redefine and work on what we are doing with our lives.
- The epidemic is really good news because it has reduced pollution.
- Epidemics may be nature’s way of telling humanity to change its ways.
This kind of tone can be especially helpful as people fight for their health, their families, their loneliness and possible unemployment. Such content ignores these facts.
If you are writing as a content marketer, this is also very unwise, because it means you are likely to be ignored.
How to get an encouraging tone
In this particular situation, it makes sense to acknowledge this difficulty and then focus on some real positives.
It’s best if you offer goods or services that can bring some relief to people struggling in difficult times. For example:
- You can offer something that is useful for people stuck in the house, such as video games, home games, gardening tools or online services.
- Something that will help the firm move forward in difficult times, such as discounts on services.
- For everyone – something that helps with financial pressures, such as paid vacations (this mainly applies to financial service providers).
People who can offer such offers to consumers should pay more attention to it in their content.
Another way to get excited is to talk about how things can get better after the crisis is over. Again, this does not alleviate the crisis or try to make it look like a good thing, but it can help readers look forward to a better future and consider the opportunities available to them.
Examples of this include:
- Emphasizing how the economy, while now in a deep recession, may enjoy a strong recovery as a government package to keep people employed and protect firms. This means they will be able to get up and walk faster than a normal recession.
- Explaining how the growing demand for all these things that people are not able to do will translate into more consumer spending.
- The challenge will be for firms to learn how to run a business in challenging situations, which will make them more resilient in the face of many challenges in the future.
- For example, a firm that can maintain business continuity through people working from home can continue if its office is affected by fire or flood.
Telling a positive story
The message your content can send is ethical and human kindness.
In the midst of the current crisis, it is not only NHS staff who are meeting the accused, but also caregivers and volunteers who are doing their best to help people in distress. Some people are confronted with negative publicity, such as disregarding the rules of social distance.
- When it comes to firms, there is no doubt that some will get out of this situation with the increase in their reputation and the lack of others.
- On the one hand, we have already seen cases where wealthy football clubs have reversed their decisions to use the government’s ‘furlough’ scheme, while billionaire business owners have had to cut staff.
- Firms that adopt more high-minded practices with staff and also support important causes at the moment will boost their credibility, as they have shown that they have a social conscience and that they are just Not in the bottom row.
- It should not be forgotten that here and now I am not only a seller but also a storyteller. This means telling an encouraging story about your firm. There is no better time to do this than to show how valuable it really is – and when it matters most, it is more responsible and acts in a helpful way.
However, when the epidemic in life and the restrictions on those responsible for it are removed, there is no doubt that the next time – economic crisis, severe weather periods and other conditions – will be where your content is a positive, An optimistic and moral tone will create a very positive impression.
How can UrduFox help?
At UrduFox, we can help your firm grow digital marketing through content, social media management, PPC, and more. We are offering special discounts to customers during the current crisis and they are committed to not only helping our customers continue but will help them align themselves with positive marketing strategies that will serve them well in the future.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!