More and more people are becoming bike rider for several reasons making it the most popular mode of transportation, albeit for comparatively shorter distances and not for moving across the border. However, bikes do not come cheap and also requires maintenance from time to time for its proper upkeep. Bike theft is another concern for bike owners. However, if you want to stay away from such worries and apprehensions, there are several bike rental companies to your rescue. You can get highly and professionally maintained bikes at affordable rates and get all the benefits biking can provide sans the worries.
Surely, bike rental is here to stay and is the future of transportation more so with the growing concern of the environmental impact of the humongous number of cars and other vehicles on the road. There are no carbon emissions, no use of fuel and even no worries of ‘No entry’ roads. You save your money, your health as well as the planet commuting on a bike, standard or electric operated, from home to your office and back daily.
Tips for Bike Rider To Improve Future Transportation
Strong and sturdy
There is no reason to think that these bikes are lean and thin and are prone to accidents and injuries. On the contrary, these are these bikes are specifically designed to be strong and sturdy to take on the challenges on the road, uphill, sloping or even.
You will be even more shock when you try out the usual process of cyclists to grab an e-bike by its handlebars and saddle and lift it to estimate its weight. The battery, reinforced frame, motor, and extra components make the e-bikes characteristically heavier than any standard bike.
Future of bike rental business
It is the boon of modern geometry and engineering design that helps these bikes ride well on the road. It is for this reason that most of the car manufacturing companies are now eyeing on the central park bike rental market. This means that the automotive businesses are on the high and moving in the transportation business with both feet. The car manufacturing industries have realized that cars in the urban areas are not working anymore due to the high density of traffic.
With such big transportation players actively taking part in the industry, especially in the e-bike game, it is surely a positive and welcome sign. People have now found easy and effective ways to relieve congestion of car traffic. It is for sure that over the years the biking infrastructure of the country will dramatically continue to improve.
Points to consider for e-bikes
There are a few things that you need to consider when you consider visiting a bike rental company. These will enable you to know what you expect from them and biking, especially when you hire an e-bike which is the latest and in vogue. The things to consider and expect include:
- Expect the bikes to be much heavier than any regular bike and therefore you will need to handle these differently.
- The tires of the bikes are also different others and usually have features such as an anti-puncture layer, minimal rolling resistance, and a good grip.
- The e-bikes usually drive automatically and will switch off when you cross the speed limit of 25km per hour or 15 miles per hour.
- Expect the electric motor to produce a light and constant noise.
- The operating range of these bikes depend on different factors such as gear switch behavior, level of assistance, head wind, route profile, temperatures and the power of the battery.
Riding an e-bike is much easier than other bikes especially on the difficult and steep terrain.
Bike rider need to ride a bike safely
It is important that bike rider need to ride a bike safely given that there are so many different vehicles on the road all of which are larger in size that an bike. In most cases, the central park bike rental company will provide you with the safety gears but it is also required that you know about the safety rules and tips for bike riding. This will ensure that you enjoy all the inherent benefits of bike riding.
- Protecting your head by wearing a helmet is important. Apart from that, you must act just like the car drivers and follow the pattern as they do while driving.
- Do not meander or weave in and out of the traffic especially if you are biking in a busy highway. You will be safer if you are more predictable when you ride.
- Check for the traffic before so that you are aware of and visible to the traffic around you. If the other drivers can see you clearly, there is a minimum chance of them hitting you.
- If you are biking at nights make it a point that you use lights and also if you ride in any low light conditions.
- Also make it a point that you are focused on the road and are not distracted. Do not listen to music or text and talk on your phone while you are riding.
- Use enough hand signals to indicate other drivers the direction you want to go. It is unwise to assume that drivers will stop if you dart in though it is their reasonable duty of care while driving. Look and make eye contact always.
- It goes without saying that you must obey all traffic rules and laws. Follow all traffic lights and signals that are specific for cyclists as well as for other vehicles and pedestrians to avoid any accidents.
- Stay alert always and assure bicycle readiness by keeping a close watch on all the obstacles in your way.
- Make sure that your bike is well maintained and properly adjusted to take on the road and its challenges. Look for your comfort level as well by checking the saddle position.
- If you are in busy and congested traffic make sure that you go with the flow in the direction of traffic to prevent adding to the commotion.
Check your bike every time you hit the road focusing specially on the wheels and its pressure, brakes to find out whether or not these are properly secured.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!